Project Cost payments for NTU students that have been accepted to volunteer abroad with Education For The Children, Guatemala.
Dates: 16th June – 7th July 2017
The Project Costs: £1,400
Education for the Children Foundation (EFTC) exists to help some of the poorest children in Central America off the streets and into the classroom, providing a positive alternative to a life of begging.
Volunteers will work alongside local teachers and school staff to assist with classroom support, helping to run after school clubs by sharing your skills. For example, playing guitar, sports coaching, singing, sharing IT skills or drama lessons and working alongside the local community with skilled tradesmen on roofing repairs or similar.
• Return flight to Guatemala
• Accommodation (7 days a week) & food (5 days a week)
• Airport transport in the UK and Guatemala
• Spanish lessons in UK and Guatemala
• Travel Insurance
• NTU volunteering t-shirt & hoody
What isn’t included:
• Spending money/optional free time activities/weekend food £400
• Vaccination costs as advised by GP
• Visa (ESTA) £10